Here is some useful information from RP Automotive Services. Mobile Car Mechanic Sittingbourne.
Peugeot Citroen cars have a “B S I” (Body Systems Interface) ECU.
This system holds information for immobiliser, mileage display, lighting and many other Peugeot Citroen programmed settings.
The software that controls the operation of these systems can become corrupted if the battery has been replaced and the “BSI” has not gone to sleep before disconnection of old battery or been woken up after reconnection of new battery or sometimes for no good reason at all!
Think of it as running your laptop on the battery and then removing the battery without shutting it down., not a good idea.
The system can be rebooted if a problem has occured so all is not lost.
Follow this procedure for the reset (reboot).
- Have the drivers window fully open.
- Open the bonnet and make sure all equipment is switched off including interior light.
- Close all doors and remove key from the ignition.
- Wait 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery then wait 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the vehicle battery and wait a further 10 seconds.
- Switch on the side lights through the driver’s window.
- Switch on the ignition DO NOT start the engine at this point.
- Hold the lock button on the key down for 10 seconds while key is still in the ignition.
- Switch off ignition and remove key open & close door to test central locking system.
- Start the engine.
This is how to reset the BS.I It is worth doing if you have problems with lights,wipers,radio,central locking,starting etc as it only takes a few minutes and can save you ££